- Yield 6 servings
Tortellini combined with the veggies gives this high-fiber Primavera a new dimension.
- 2 (6-ounce) packages cheese filled tortellini
- 3 cups carrot strips (3-inches long)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups zucchinin strips (3-inches long)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow peas
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the tortellini according to package directions, omitting oil and salt. Drain; set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrots, garlic, zucchini and bell pepper until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the snow peas, green onions, tomatoes and crushed red pepper, cooking until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked tortellini and Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and milk together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened; salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the tortellini vegetable mixture, toss gently and serve.