Tortellini in Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Yield: 8 servings
"The sauce part of this recipe was given to me by a friend who is a wonderful Italian cook."
- 1pound cheese or mushroom tortellini
- 6ounces sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water to rehydrate
- 3ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 3tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4medium garlic cloves
- 1tablespoon dried fennel seeds
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (11-ounce) can pitted ripe or kalamata olives, halved (1 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke heart quarters, drained and rinsed
- 1/2cup finely chopped parsley
- 3tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse, and place in a large bowl. Combine tomatoes, pepperoni, mustard, garlic, fennel seeds, oil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss gently to coat. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
—Kathleen Peterson, West End, N.C.