Too Easy Peach Cobbler
- Yield 12 servings
Peaches and white bread make up the main ingredients for this simple, sweet delight
"When my sister told me about this cobbler, I didn't think it would be good. But when she made it for our lunch, I could not believe how good it was. I have given this recipe to lots of people, and they think it's great. In loving memory, I send this to you in her name, Gussie Arledge."
- 1 29-ounce can sliced peaches, drained
- 5 slices white bread
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place fruit in baking dish (8-by-8 inches, or larger).
- Cut crust from bread and cut each slice into five strips. Place strips over peaches.
- Mix sugar, flour, egg, and margarine. Blend well, and pour over bread strips.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
—Addine Stringer, Glimer, Texas