Tonkatsu (Pork) Sandwich
- Yield 1 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Breaded pork loin, onions and tomatoes piled on bread.
- 1 -- (5-ounce) boneless pork loin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 -- egg, beaten
- -- Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- -- oil for frying
- 2 slices King's Hawaiian Sweetbread (3/4" thick)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 ounce thinly sliced Maui or Vidalia onion
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 ounce purchased garlic aioli
- If necessary, flatten pork lion to about 1/2-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, beaten egg and panko in separate shallow bowls. Dip pork loin in the flour, shake off excess, then into the egg, then the panko, making sure to cover evenly.
- In a skillet, heat oil to 350F. Fry pork loin on both sides until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain oil.
- Lightly butter and grill your 2 slices of King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread.
- Assemble sandwich with the remaining ingredients.