Tomatoes Stuffed with Wild Rice Salad
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/3cup balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, peas, beans, green pepper and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, paprika, dry mustard and garlic. Pour over rice mixture, tossing well to coat.
- Meanwhile, cut the top off tomatoes and scoop out all pulp, carefully leaving the shell. Fill each tomato with rice salad and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 152
- Fat .9g
- Saturated Fat .1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 293mg
- Carbohydrate 31.2g
- Protein 7.1g