Tomatoes Stuffed with Wild Rice Salad
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
Super low in fat and high in taste, this salad uses the season's best tomatoes.
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, peas, beans, green pepper and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, paprika, dry mustard and garlic. Pour over rice mixture, tossing well to coat.
- Meanwhile, cut the top off tomatoes and scoop out all pulp, carefully leaving the shell. Fill each tomato with rice salad and serve.