Tomato Zucchini Bruschetta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1small zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1pound ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2small minced red onions
- 2tablespoons minced parsley
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 French baguette or Italian bread cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute the zucchini and garlic 1 minute until soft. Place in a nonreactive medium mixing bowl. Combine tomatoes, onions, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and balsamic vinegar in the mixing bowl.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake 2 minutes until just golden, remove from the oven, turn bread slices over, return to oven and bake another 2 minutes until golden. Top warm baguette slices with zucchini mixture and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 194
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 368mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 5g