Tomato Zucchini Bruschetta
- Yield 4 servings
These appetizers are a snap to make, and with juicy fresh tomatoes, oh, so good.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 -- French baguette or Italian bread cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute the zucchini and garlic 1 minute until soft. Place in a nonreactive medium mixing bowl. Combine tomatoes, onions, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and balsamic vinegar in the mixing bowl.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake 2 minutes until just golden, remove from the oven, turn bread slices over, return to oven and bake another 2 minutes until golden. Top warm baguette slices with zucchini mixture and serve immediately.