Tomato, Squash, and Zucchini Gratin
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 1/2pounds ripe plum tomatoes
- 2pounds firm zucchini
- 1pound yellow squash
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup whole-wheat panko
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Slice the tomatoes, zucchini, and squash into ¼-inch-thick, uniformly round slices. Place the vegetables on a plate or pan and sprinkle them with salt to remove any excess water. Let them drain for 30 to 45 minutes. Pat them dry with paper towels on both sides to remove excess moisture and salt.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan or ovenproof platter with cooking oil spray. Overlap the tomatoes, zucchini, and the yellow squash slices in a decorative pattern. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and pepper. Blend the panko, cheese, and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle the topping over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the olive oil on top and bake until golden and crusty, about 20 minutes.
From The Kitchen Diva’s Diabetic Cookbook by Angela Shelf Medearis/Andrews McMeel Publishing
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 153
- Fat 7