Tomato Sandwiches with White Bean Spread and Arugula
- Yield 3 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A creamy, garlicky white bean spread stars alongside the season's best tomatoes in this vegetarian sandwich.
- White Bean Spread:
- 1 (16-ounce) can Great Northern beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 (8-inch) round focaccia
- 12 (1/4-inch) vertical slices tomato
- Arugula leaves
- To prepare spread, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture is a coarse spread.
- To prepare sandwiches, cut focaccia horizontally into halves. Spread bean mixture on bottom half, arrange tomato and arugula on top and cover with remaining focaccia. Cut into 3 wedges.
Recipe by Jean Kressy