Deep Dish Tomato Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4small tomatoes
- 10leaves basil
- 1/2cup chopped green onion
- 1cup grated mozzarella
- 1cup grated cheddar
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 1pinch salt & pepper
- 1 prebaked deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place tomatoes slices in colander in the sink in 1 layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper and allow to drain 10 minutes.
- Layer the tomatoes slices, basil, and green onion in pie shell. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To serve, cut into slices and serve warm.