Tomato Phyllo Pie
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Served with a salad, this fresh, simple tomato tart makes a great vegetarian meal.
You can use any size phyllo sheets and adjust the toppings accordingly. We used 14-by-18-inch sheets and rolled the rim making a 9-by-13-inch tart.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 phyllo sheets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 medium red and orange tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine butter and garlic. Place 1 phyllo sheet on pan. Brush with butter mixture. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and butter mixture.
- Sprinkle phyllo with mozzarella to within 2 1/2 inches of the edges, top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta cheese and basil. Roll phyllo edges to form rim. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until phyllo is crisp and cheese is melted.