Tomato-Fennel Chicken Thighs
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 45 mins
Braised chicken thighs are dressed up with a sauce of tomatoes and fennel seed and served with cauliflower.
- 8 -- chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 -- (28-ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 -- lemon, grated for zest
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- In large pot over high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken and brown on both sides, cooking for about 3 – 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat; reduce heat to low. Pour off excess oil. Add to same pot garlic and 1 tablespoon white wine. Cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining wine, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and olives
- Return chicken to pot; increase heat to high. Bring sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; cover pot. Simmer 25 minutes. Stir in cauliflower florets. Simmer cauliflower and chicken together 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is tender.
- To serve, spoon chicken onto serving platter and top with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.