- Yield 10 servings
The freshest tomatoes you can find star in this quick-and-easy salsa.
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, large
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 10 cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut tomatoes in fourths and remove seeds. Dice into small cubes and set aside.
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Dice the cucumber into small cubes the same size as the tomato.
- Finely chop cilantro leaves and combine with tomatoes and cucumber in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice, season with salt and pepper, and mix all ingredients well. Serve cold or at room temperature with fresh tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from Angelica’s Kitchen on the island of Curacao (angelicas-kitchen.com).