- Yield 16 servings
Summer sensation! Nothing beats fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and Kalamatas (from olive bar) for this top-notch refreshing pick-up.
- 1 loaf French bread
- Garlic cloves or minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds, seeded)
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven 450F. Bake thinly sliced French bread 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Rub garlic clove across cooked bread pieces.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, and garnish on top of bread.