- Yield 16 servings
Summer sensation! Nothing beats fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and Kalamatas (from olive bar) for this top-notch refreshing pick-up.
- 1 loaf French bread
- -- Garlic cloves or minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds, seeded)
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 to 6 -- fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven 450F. Slice French bread into thin slices and bake about 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and rub garlic clove across top.
- In bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. When ready to serve, top toasted bread.