- Yield 6 servings
This tomato and broccoli soup is full of healthy nutrients and very satisfying.
- 2 -- (10-ounce) cans tomato soup and 2 cups milk or 4 cups of tomato soup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- dash Beau Monde seasoning
- -- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan add the milk to tomato soup and heat at low temperature, stirring occasionally. Saute onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add this mixture, rice, broccoli and seasonings to soup and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle each with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Tulsa’s Cook’s Collage(Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1978).