Tomato Basil Pizza
- Yield 6 servings
An easy-to-toss-together pizza that is simplicity itself in ingredients, but complex as can be in flavor.
- 1 pizza dough for a 14-inch pizza
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces grated Romano Cheese
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- fresh basil, torn
- Splash of red wine
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic, shallots, pepper and sauté until tomatoes are browned and sizzling, about 10 minutes. Add a splash of wine to deglaze pan. Smash half of the tomatoes to make it a bit saucy.
- Sprinkle Romano on dough. Spoon tomato mixture on top of cheese. Top with fresh mozzarella and basil. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until browned and melted.