Tomato Basil Pizza
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pizza dough for a 14-inch pizza
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2cups fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2ounces grated Romano Cheese
- 6ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- fresh basil, torn
- Splash of red wine
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic, shallots, pepper and sauté until tomatoes are browned and sizzling, about 10 minutes. Add a splash of wine to deglaze pan. Smash half of the tomatoes to make it a bit saucy.
- Sprinkle Romano on dough. Spoon tomato mixture on top of cheese. Top with fresh mozzarella and basil. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until browned and melted.