Tomato Basil Brie
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1pound Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/2cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2tablespoons pine nuts
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2teaspoon minced onions
- 1/4cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- -- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Chill Brie, split in half crosswise and set aside. Mince basil leaves in processor or blender. Brown pine nuts in olive oil. Add garlic salt, pepper and onions. Combine basil, Parmesan cheese and tomatoes with pine nut mixture until well blended. Place half of this mixture on bottom half of Brie. Top with other Brie half. Spread remaining tomato/basil mixture on top. Wrap lightly in plastic wrap. Chill up to 4 hours to allow blending of flavors. Serve at room temperature, garnished with whole basil leaves. Serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sacramento’s Celebrate! (the Junior League of Sacramento, CA., 1991).