Tomato Basil Brie
- Yield 12 servings
A tasty spread, perfect for entertaining.
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onions
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- -- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Chill Brie, split in half crosswise and set aside. Mince basil leaves in processor or blender. Brown pine nuts in olive oil. Add garlic salt, pepper and onions. Combine basil, Parmesan cheese and tomatoes with pine nut mixture until well blended. Place half of this mixture on bottom half of Brie. Top with other Brie half. Spread remaining tomato/basil mixture on top. Wrap lightly in plastic wrap. Chill up to 4 hours to allow blending of flavors. Serve at room temperature, garnished with whole basil leaves. Serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sacramento’s Celebrate! (the Junior League of Sacramento, CA., 1991).