Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Yield 8 servings
In this salad, the key ingredients are fresh basil and fresh mozzarella, so this is one time fresh ingredients are a must.
Serve over thinly sliced toasted Italian or French bread for a bruschetta-style pick up.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, and prosciutto. Toss with remaining ingredients and refrigerate until chilled.