Tomato and Goat Cheese Tarts
- Yield: 18 pieces
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4cups thinly sliced onions, halved
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3tablespoons white wine
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 3ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 3 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 2teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet, then add garlic and onions. Saute until onions are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add wine and thyme. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Lightly flour a surface before unrolling pastry sheets. Cut into 3 inch circles.
- Place pastry circles on baking sheet and prick with a fork. Spoon onion mix on top of rounds, then add a layer of goat cheese and tomato. Garnish with basil, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Give each round a spritz of nonstick spray, bake for 15-20 minutes until rounds are golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 153
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 154mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 4g