Tomato and Basil Baked Fish Fillets
- Yield 4 servings
Toasted homemade breadcrumbs top fish fillets, seasoned with tomatoes and basil—a recipe from Crisco Cooking Oils.
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 firm mild white fish fillets such as cod or flounder (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Heat oven to 375F. Coat bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Chop bread in food processor to form breadcrumbs. Sauté crumbs in remaining olive oil over medium-high heat, stirring often, until they begin to brown. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir until golden brown. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Pat fish fillets dry; place skin side down in prepared pan. Season fish with salt and pepper. Combine tomatoes and bread crumbs; cover top of fillets with mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until fish flakes easily. Top with fresh basil.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.