Tomato and Avocado Salad with Green Empress Dressing
- Yield 6 servings
A purée of peas and a handful of fresh herbs lend this nutritious dressing its emerald green glow.
- Green Empress Dressing:
- 1 -- (8.5-ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 cup fresh herb leaves (parsley, chive, basil and/or mint
- 2 -- scallions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 -- garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white, distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, each cut in 6 slices
- 2 -- avocados, pitted and peeled, each cut in 9 wedges
- 12 ounces low-fat, mozzarella, halved and cut in 18 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -- lemon cut in 6 wedges
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Alternate the tomato slices, avocado wedges and mozzarella slices on a serving platter or 6 individual plates. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the dressing over salad and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.