- Yield 4 servings
Use this delicious sauce in the Southwestern Breakfast recipe.
- 12 small tomatillos
- 1 -- white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and chop coarsely. Saute the onion in the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until soft but not brown. Add the tomatillos, cilantro, coriander, cumin, garlic and water. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Process in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Southwestern Breakfast.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Historical League of Tempe’s Tastes & Treasures(the Historical League, Inc., Tempe, Arizona, 2007).