Tom Valenti's Miniature Pumpkin Pies with Graham Cracker Crusts
- Yield: 10 servings
These little single-serving pies show how satisfying a few bites of the real thing can be. They're made with a quick graham-cracker crust pressed into the bottom of a tin into which pumpkin pie filling is spooned. Once the miniature pies are baked and chilled, the rest is enough to make even the most ardent sweet tooths feel fulfilled. You will need ten 4-ounce aluminum foil ramekins or foil cups.
- 1can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
- 6ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon at room temperature
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1large egg, plus 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4cup graham cracker crumbs
- Put pumpkin in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add cream cheese, melted butter, sugar, egg and egg yolks, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt; blend with a hand mixer until well incorporated.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoon softened butter and graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and mix with a fork. Press crumb mixture into the bottoms of 10 foil ramekins. Place in the refrigerator and chill 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Divide the pumpkin filling among ramekins. Place in a roasting pan and pour warm water into the pan until it comes halfway up the sides of ramekins. Bake until filling is set (a toothpick inserted into the center of a pie will come out clean), 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Carefully remove ramekins from the pan with tongs or pot holder and let cool. Refrigerate pies until set, about 2 hours or up to overnight. Serve cold.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 190
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 100g
- Sodium 160mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g