Tom and Jerry
- Yield 12 servings
This hot mixed beverage featuring brandy will be a hit at your next holiday party.
- 24 ounces pasteurized refrigerated egg product
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 cups brandy
- 1 1/2 gallons whole milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg or peppermint candy, crushed
- In a large bowl, beat egg product on high speed 3 minutes or until frothy. Add confectioners’ sugar and 4 tablespoons of the brandy; beat 2 minutes longer. Refrigerate.
- In a large pot, bring milk to a simmer over low heat. Keep hot until ready to serve.
- To serve: Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of egg mixture into a mug or glass. Add 1 ounce brandy, then 1 cup hot milk. Stir, then add another tablespoon of egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with the nutmeg or peppermint candy.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board