Toffee Crunch Candy
- Yield 12 to 15 servings
Try this quick-and-easy recipe, your kids will love it.
- 40 -- saltine crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups (12-ounce) milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with butter. Arrange the crackers salt side up in a single layer on the pepared baking sheet.
- Bring 1 cup butter and the brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and boil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour the hot brown sugar mixture over the crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven. Immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Let stand until the chocolate chips soften and spread evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the pecans. Chill for 1 hours and break into pieces.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Phoenix’s Pomegranates & Prickly Pears (The Junior League of Phoenix, Inc., 2005).