Toffee Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Toffee and chocolate add a welcomed change to the traditional pecan pie.
- 4 ounces chocolate-covered toffee bars (about 3), chopped
- 1 -- unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
- 4 -- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (4 1/2-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Sprinkle the candy bars over the bottom of the pie shell. Mix the eggs, butter, corn syrup, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 350F for 50 to 55 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of he Junior Auxiliary of Rogers-Bentonville, Ark.