Toasted Coconut, Caramel and Milk Chocolate Madeleines
- Yield servings
- 12 madeleine cookies (recommended: Donsuemor)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate
- Set a wire cooling rack on top of paper towel (you can line a baking sheet with paper towel, if you’re concerned about mess). Lay out the madeleine cookies on the cooling rack.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add the coconut and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from the burner and transfer the coconut to a bowl.
- Add the caramel to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds. Stir. It should be loose and warm, so it’s easy to pour. If not, microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Drizzle the caramel over each of the madeleines. Continue until all of the caramel has been used. Immediately sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the top of a double broiler. Drizzle over the top of the cookies.
- Serve warm with forks or chill until ready to serve.
—Recipe by Sarah, Sarah’s Cucina Bella