Toasted Bread Salad with Pine Nuts
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 10 mins
A store-bought pizza crust is transformed into a bread salad.
Serve this with roasted chicken or beef or a cup of soup. Save this recipe for when you have fresh home-grown tomatoes.
- 1 -- (14-ounce) Boboli pizza crust, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup small black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spread the pizza crust pieces and pine nuts evenly over the surface of a large cookie sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes, or until pine nuts become light golden. Remove from oven and cool. When cool, toss together with cheese in a large bowl. Gently fold in the tomatoes, olives and parsley.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture just before serving and toss well.