- Yield 16 servings
The name Tiramisu means "pick me up," so get ready!
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3 large egg whites
- 20 ladyfingers, split
- Cocoa for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, combine espresso coffee, 1 tablespoon sugar and coffee liqueur; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese with confectioners’ sugar, beating until well blended. Fold in 1 cup frozen whipped topping.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In a 9x9x2-inch dish, place a layer of the split ladyfingers across bottom of the dish. Drizzle with half the expresso mixture, half the cream cheese mixture, and repeat layers, beginning with split lady fingers and ending with cream cheese mixture. Spread with remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping in a thin layer and sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate until well chilled.