- Yield 10 servings
- 1 (18-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 4 Heath candy bars, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Heath candy bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans. Beat together cake mix, coffee and egg whites on low speed until moistened. Beat on high for two minutes. Fold in chopped candy bars. Pour batter into pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tested done. Set aside to cool. When cool remove cake from pans and cut horizontally to make four layers.
- Frosting: In a chilled bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add whipping cream, syrup and coffee. Whip until thick and creamy. Stir in vanilla. Blend well. Spread frosting equally over each cake layer. Top with the crumbled Heath bar.
—Gael P. Mustapha, Green Valley, Ariz.