- Yield 6 servings
These mushrooms are a great low-fat side dish with beef.
- 1 tablespoon light stick margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a skillet, melt margarine and saute peppers and onions over medium-low heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, wine and garlic salt, cooking until tender and wine is somewhat reduced, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
Recipe by Holly Clegg