- Yield 4 servings
The olive oil and lemon sauce with this dish would go well with an elegant, dry, oaky chardonnay.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 (3 ounce) jar capers, drained and rinsed
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper on a sheet of waxed paper and coat the fillets with the flour mixture.
- Cook the fillets in the olive oil in a large skillet until crusty and brown on both sides, turning once.
- Remove the fillets to a platter and cover to keep warm, reserving the pan drippings.
- Stir the lemon juice into the reserved pan drippings. Add the wine and capers and mix well.
- Simmer over low heat just until heated through and of a sauce consistency.
- Return the fillets to the skillet and simmer just until the fillets have absorbed some of the sauce, turning once.
- Serve immediately with angel hair pasta mixed with a butter parsley sauce.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sarasota, Simply Sarasota, Creatively Casual Cuisine (the Junior League of Sarasota, 2007)