Tilapia Ceviche with Mango
- Yield 6 servings
Refreshing and cool, this tilapia ceviche stars sweet mangos and and a touch of hot jalapenos.
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless tilapia fillets, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 4ed onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips
- Place the tilapia in a medium bowl and mix with the orange, lemon and lime juices. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour. Drain the tilapia, discarding the marinade, and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it in a clean bowl, and if not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve or up to 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, onions, mangos, jalapeños and cilantro into the tilapia. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board