Three Tomatoes with Creamy Artichoke Chicken Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Orange, yellow and red cherry tomatoes dress up a creamy chicken salad.
- 3 cups halved orange, yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chicken Salad:
- 1 (12-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 boneless, chicken breasts, cooked and chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Large crunchy croutons
- To prepare tomatoes, combine all ingredients, toss gently, and set aside.
- To prepare chicken salad, combine artichokes, chicken, garlic and salt in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice and pulse until blended. Add basil and pulse until incorporated. The mixture should be creamy yet still a bit chunky.
- To serve, place a quarter of the tomato mixture on each of 4 plates. Place chicken salad alongside. Place croutons on plates.