- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1/4cup chopped celery
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 3cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2sprigs fresh thyme
- 1cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, celery and leek and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove thyme stems; discard. Purée soup in a blender until smooth. Return soup to pan and stir in milk, vinegar and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 160
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 860mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 7g