Three Plum-Cucumber Salsa
- Yield 48 servings
This delicate sauce is beautiful and tastes great.
Serve on baked croutons with goat cheese and field greens. You can use all of one variety plum, but the colors are impressive when using all three types.
- 2 medium pickling cucumbers, finely diced
- 1 red plum, pitted and finely diced
- 1 yellow plum, pitted and finely diced
- 1 green sage plum, pitted and finely diced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and let sit at least 20 minutes so flavors can meld. Then chill at least 10 minutes before serving. Makes 3 cups.