Three Plum-Cucumber Salsa
- Yield: 48 servings
Serve on baked croutons with goat cheese and field greens. You can use all of one variety plum, but the colors are impressive when using all three types.
- 2medium pickling cucumbers, finely diced
- 1 red plum, pitted and finely diced
- 1 yellow plum, pitted and finely diced
- 1 green sage plum, pitted and finely diced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and let sit at least 20 minutes so flavors can meld. Then chill at least 10 minutes before serving. Makes 3 cups.