Three Cheese Strata with Ham
- Yield 8 servings
Toss bread, veggies, cheese and ham into a dish, cover with eggs and milk and bake.
Some stratas benefit from an overnight soak, but this one doesn’t require that. The best thing is, it starts with onion rolls or buns available in the bakery section of the supermarket.
- 14 ounces onion rolls, cubed (homemade or from the supermarket)
- 3 ounces cubed country ham or ham
- 2 ounces shredded Swiss, Gruyere, or Comte cheese
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmigiana Reggiano cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups 2% reduced fat milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter a 9-inch deep- dish pie plate. 2. Place cubed rolls in pan. Top with ham and cheeses.
- Combine eggs, mustard and milk; whisk well. Pour over roll mixture.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes, until set and puffed. Let cool 10 minutes.