Thick, Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1/2cup butter, softened (I like more salt in my baked goods so I use salted sweet cream butter)
- 2/3cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1large egg
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4cup all purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups rolled oats
- 3/4cup raisins
- 1/2cup walnuts, chopped (try toasting them before chopping)
Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit (175 degrees celsius)
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts, if using them.
scoop the cookies onto a sheet and then chill the whole tray before baking them.
Place cookies two inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes. Take them out when golden at the edges but still a little undercooked- looking on top.
Let them cool on baking sheet for 5 min then transfer to cooling rack and enjoy!
adapted from smittenkitchen.com