The Works! Avocado Burger Topper
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 10 mins
All of your favorite burger fixins' come together in one savory mixture.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup seeded, diced tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon slivered basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon country-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Fresh Avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until well browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the sautéed onion and garlic with the tomato, cheese, pickle relish, basil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Gently toss in the avocados. Serve over burgers.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 13%; Calcium 8.7%; Iron 3%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.