The Works! Avocado Burger Topper
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2cup seeded, diced tomato
- 1/2cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1tablespoon slivered basil leaves
- 1teaspoon country-style mustard
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Fresh Avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until well browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the sautéed onion and garlic with the tomato, cheese, pickle relish, basil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Gently toss in the avocados. Serve over burgers.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 13%; Calcium 8.7%; Iron 3%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 140
- Fat 11 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Sodium 303 mg
- Potassium 327 mg
- Carbohydrate 8 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 4 g
- Trans Fat 0
- Vitamin A 276 IU
- Vitamin C 8 mg
- Calcium 87 mg
- Iron .5 mg