The Ultimate Key Lime Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1cup Honey Graham Crackers
- 1cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 7ounces salted sweet cream butter
- 1/4cup light brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon cardamom
- 6large egg yolks
- 1/2pint softened vanilla bean ice cream
- 14ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2cup Key Lime juice
For the Crust:
- Place Graham Crackers in a large plastic bag and roll with rolling pin until finely crushed. Pour into a medium bowl. Repeat method for Honey Nut Cheerios and add to bowl.
- Add brown sugar and cardamon to the cereal mix. Slowly stir in melted butter and hand mix until even consistency is obtained.
- Press mixture into 9-inch pie pan working from center of pan to outer edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
For the Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl and mix with an electric mixer or whisk for one minute. Slowly add sweetened condensed milk and mix for six minutes more.
- Add ice cream and continue mixing until smooth. Add Key Lime juice. Pour filling into prepared pie shell. Bake for for 12 minutes.
- Place pie on a cooling rack in the freezer for at least one hour. Remove 20 minutes prior to serving. Add whipped cream and garnish before serving.
For more Key lime pie recipes from David Sloan, see The Ultimate Key Lime Pie Cookbook.