- 1pound Ground pork
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt
Gently mix together ground pork and seasonings, shape into 4 burgers about 3/4-inch in thickness. Place on grill over moderate-hot coals, lower hood and grill for 5 minutes; turn and finish grilling 4-5 minutes more, until an instant read thermometer reads 160F. Serve immediately, on sandwich buns if desired.
* Eastern Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons dry sherry and 1 tablespoon grated ginger root.
* Veggie Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add 3 drops hot pepper sauce, 1 grated carrot and 3 tablespoons chopped parsley.
* South of the Border Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add 1/4 teaspoon EACH ground cumin, oregano, seasoned salt and crushed red chiles.
* Italian Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add one crushed garlic clove, one teaspoon crushed fennel seed and 2 teaspoons EACH red wine and olive oil.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 146
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 57mg
- Sodium 192mg
- Carbohydrate 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 22g