The Flaming Turtle
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A delicious and fun fondue dessert.
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon 151 rum
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Combine the chocolate and cream in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Heat until the chocolate is melted, stirring constantly; or combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 to 45 seconds. Be careful not to let the chocolate burn. Pour into a warm fondue pot. Pour the caramel into the center of the chocolate mixture. Do not stir. Add the rum to the pot and ignite carefully, using a long wooden match or lighter. Allow the flame to burn out and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with the pecans. Keep fondue warm over low heat.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Melting Pot Restaurants’ Dip Into Something Different, (The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. 2008).