THE CHIC GREEK TURKEY BURGER
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 12 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 1-1/4 pound freshly ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 ounce can sliced California slice black olives, drained and rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium whole wheat or plain pita bread pockets
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 cup rough chopped Romaine lettuce
Preheat oven to 250F. In a large bowl mix turkey, onions, olives, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt to blend, divide into 4 portions then form into burger patties. Cook burgers over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook burger until internal temperature reaches 165F. turning once about 5 minutes per side.
While burgers are cooking warm pitas in oven on baking sheet. In a medium bowl mix yogurt, feta cheese and pickle relish.
To serve slice pitas open place a burger into each then spoon in yogurt mixture and last top with romaine lettuce.