- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 2pounds baby red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/4cup chopped parsley or fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1/2cup reduced-fat oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1bunch green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2cup diced celery
- 1/4cup chopped dill pickle
- -- Salt to taste
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
blog comments powered by
Boil potatoes until cooked through but not too soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool until just warm. Dice potatoes 1/2 inch; place in a large bowl.
Mix oil and vinegar dressing with mustard, sprinkle onto the warm potatoes to absorb the dressing.
Add herbs, green onion, garlic, celery and pickle and mustard. Toss well, taking care not to break up the potatoes or tear the skins.
Season with salt, pepper, and more vinaigrette as needed. Stir gently and let stand 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Naomi Kakiuchi. Reprinted with permission from John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The American Dietetic Association's Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).