The Best Potato Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Salad trends come and go, but potato salad never goes out of style. What summer picnic would be complete without it?
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- -- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes until cooked through but not too soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool until just warm. Dice potatoes 1/2 inch; place in a large bowl.
- Mix oil and vinegar dressing with mustard, sprinkle onto the warm potatoes to absorb the dressing.
- Add herbs, green onion, garlic, celery and pickle and mustard. Toss well, taking care not to break up the potatoes or tear the skins.
- Season with salt, pepper, and more vinaigrette as needed. Stir gently and let stand 30 minutes before serving.