Thai Turkey Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
These reduced-fat turkey wraps feature roasted turkey breast with fresh ginger and red pepper for a healthy meal.
- 1 -- lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound roasted turkey breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 -- soft loaf lavosh
- 4 ounces carrots, julienned
- 4 ounces cucumbers, julienned
- In medium bowl, combine lime juice and zest/rind, soy sauce, green onions, cilantro, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger root, garlic, pepper flakes and turkey strips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Unfold lavosh; drain turkey mixture, if necessary, and spread evenly along lower quarter of bread.
- Layer with carrots and cucumbers.
- Roll up tightly and cut into four equal portions.
Note: Lavosh is a round, thin bread that comes in both soft and crisp versions. It's available in Middle Eastern markets and in most supermarkets.