Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups
- Yield servings
The mint and lemongrass give it freshness, as does the tangy dressing.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 -- red onion, diced
- 3 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, minced
- 1 -- Thai or serrano chile, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- -- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lemon juice, fish sauce, and honey.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, shallots, lemongrass, and chile. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat and vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the dressing to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the heat and stir in the mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon the turkey mixture onto the lettuce leaves and serve.
Reprinted from Weeknights with Giada by Giada De Laurentiis. Copyright © 2012. Photos copyright © 2012 by Amy Neunsinger. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc.