Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups
- Yield: servings
- 1/3cup fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2tablespoons honey
- 3tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2-- red onion, diced
- 3small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup lemongrass, minced
- 1-- Thai or serrano chile, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2pounds ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- -- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1head butter lettuce, leaves separated
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lemon juice, fish sauce, and honey.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, shallots, lemongrass, and chile. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat and vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the dressing to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the heat and stir in the mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon the turkey mixture onto the lettuce leaves and serve.
Reprinted from Weeknights with Giada by Giada De Laurentiis. Copyright © 2012. Photos copyright © 2012 by Amy Neunsinger. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc.