Thai Turkey Burgers
- Yield 4 servings
Thai ingredients—soy sauce, ginger and cilantro—flavor these lower-fat turkey burgers.
Here are a few ways to brighten up the old standby burger. A splash of soy sauce, a handful of fresh basil, or some black beans and chili powder are all it takes! Top it with a zesty relish, add some chips and paper plates, and take it outside!
- 1 pound ground turkey (not breast)
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine the turkey, green onions, cilantro, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger and pepper in a large bowl. Shape into 4 burgers and grill, broil or pan-fry until cooked through. Place burgers on buns and serve. Serves 4.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy