Thai-Style Tuna Steaks
- Yield 4 servings
These steaks cook up quick in the microwave.
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 -- (4 to 5 ounce) tuna steaks
- 4 -- green onions, diagonally sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- -- Red pepper slices for garnish
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, cumin, sesame oil and red pepper in a 7 x 11 x 2-inch microwave safe baking dish. Add fish and turn to coat both sides. Let marinate 5 to 15 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and cover with lid or wax paper. Microwave at 100% power 1-1/2 minutes, rotating dish 1/4 turn. Sprinkle with onions and continue to cook 1-1/2 minutes longer or until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork. Let stand, covered for 2 minutes. Serve fish and sauce over rice.