- Yield 12 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 5 mins
A sprinkling of Thai flavors makes this "munchy" classic inspired.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- -- Generous splashes of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 -- Thai serrano green chile, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add popcorn kernels; stir well. Pop corn, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add soy sauce, peanuts, red pepper and chile, if using; mix well. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Recipe by Monica Bhide.