Thai-Style Peanut-Cabbage Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Peanuts play an integral role in Thai cooking and in this sprightly salad.
Everyone loves peanuts!
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound green beans, blanched
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts, toasted if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or mint
- 1 (1-ounce) package roasted vegetable chips or sweet potato chips (such as Terra), lightly crushed
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- To prepare salad, place beans and next 4 ingredients (beans through bell pepper) in a large bowl. Just before serving, drizzle about two-thirds of dressing over salad; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with peanuts, herbs and vegetable chips. Serve with remaining dressing.