Thai Style Lettuce Wraps
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
This is a wonderful recipe. Low in calories, beautiful colors and great flavors. The combination of the chicken cooked with the onions and red pepper, and the addition of the chili sauce, saltiness of the peanuts and sweetness of the raisins brings out a wonderful melange of flavors. Add the cilantro, carrot and cucumber and you have added crunch plus a burst of color. A perfect meal!
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4pounds ground chicken
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 1medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4cup California golden raisins
- 1/2cup salted peanuts
- 1/4cup sweet red Thai chili sauce
- 4teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16medium Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/3cup carrot, grated
- 1/3cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. When hot, add ground chicken, season with salt and pepper. Brown chicken and break into small pieces. Add chopped onion, red bell pepper and garlic; saute until soft, approximately 3 minutes. Add raisins and peanuts. Add the Thai chili sauce and lime juice; gently stir in raisins and peanuts. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in chopped cilantro.
- To serve: Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture onto lettuce leaf. Top with grated carrot and cucumber.